Monday, February 23, 2009

DePaul Journalism Program

I have been at DePaul University since Fall 2006, right out of high school. I started out in the Liberal Arts and Sciences program, entering with a major in Biological Sciences. The Liberal Arts curriculum had a wide range of subjects. I took Biology, Philosophy, History, and any other subject that appealed to me. The classes all focused on the need to write. It was because of the minimum of 20 pages of written work in each class that I became so interested in journalism.

It was only after my first semester that I decided to change my major to Journalism. I have taken a variety of courses, all taught by knowledgeable professors who have years of experience. I have retained my personal interest in Biological Science by making it one of my minors. My other cultural interest in my Irish ancestry has motivated me to complete another minor in Irish Studies. Now, three years later, I am finishing up my undergraduate degree and entering the Journalism Graduate Program at DePaul. I plan on pursuing a career in editing publications, be it newspapers, magazines or books.

I am currently trying to find a way to finance my graduate career. I am asking around for different scholarships, grants, and stipends that would help me carry the financial load I have decided to take on.

DePaul's College of Communication: http://communication.depaul.edu/

Or if you're on my level,
DePaul's Five Year M.A./B.A. Program in Journalism:
http://communication.depaul.edu/Programs/Five_Year_BA-MA_Prog/Five_Year_BA_MA_Journ.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment